STUDENT OF MONTH AWARDS
Students at andalusia school are chosen based on their academic achievement, islamic character and leadership
The student of the month must be a diligent student, completing his or her assignments on time, showing strong effort to learn the subjects, meet common core standards and has maintained a B average of higher in her or his academics. The student of the month demonstrates excellent behavior inside and outside the classroom, is well mannered, and respectful to both peers and teachers, thus showing great Islamic values.
Please follow the Student Selection Criteria below. A student cannot receive the award more than once a within a year. However, a student may be chosen for multiple awards in the same month. Teachers will not be collaborating to choose a student, so the selection will be an objective one.
Criteria Elements (Please select all that apply)
– Academics: Has excelled or significantly improved in at least one of the following categories: Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Arabic, Quran, Islamic Studies, Art and Gym.
– Portrays great Islamic Values (i.e. always says Assalamu Alaikum / displays good masjid etiquette, etc.)
– Leadership / Responsibility
– Good work ethics / Diligence
– Discipline / Conduct (no infractions)
Teacher Comments: (Please specify specifically why this student deserves this award; the skills he / she has acquired pertaining to the subject area, and / or common core standards she / has established throughout their learning)