ANDALUSIA SCHOOL GENERAL POLICIES & CONTACT INFORMATION
A few reminders to keep our children safe and in an effective learning environment:
• Drop Off and Pick Up: Please do not drop your children off before 7:45 in the morning. Staff member is available in the gym at 7:45. Breakfast is served everyday to all students at 7:45. Morning traffic around Andalusia School can be chaotic. We have received many complaints from the public about traffic issues in the morning. Andalusia is on a very busy street, which can make it unsafe for students to cross the street during rush hour. To avoid complications, please be reminded to drop your children off on the sidewalk in front of the entrance of Andalusia School. In order to do so, please take the alternate route up Prospect Avenue and come down Garfield Street. Do not parallel Park! Garfield Street is a very tight street as is. Cars double parked back up traffic. Please secure a parking spot, and safely have your children get out of the vehicle onto school property.
• Please wait in the cafeteria for children at dismissal time. Picking up from classrooms disrupt order. Teachers cannot conference with parents at this time as they have to manage all students.
• All parents must stop by the office when visiting school. Parents should not walk straight to their child’s classroom.
• We do not celebrate birthdays in the classroom. We do not interrupt instructional time for any kind of celebration requested by individual parents.
• Please make sure your child is in school uniform (grades 1-5).
Dress Code: Students are required to follow the school’s dress code. Dress code is set according to the school your child is enrolled in ( Elementary, Middle, or High School ). On the third dress code violation, the student may be sent home. Standard dress code rules that apply to all students are:
Sweaters / sweatshirts / jackets worn during the school day must be solid navy blue or black. High school students are permitted also to wear gray. No hoods (“hoodies”) are permitted.
Shoes must be solid black color.
No open toe shoes or sandals are permitted.
No jewelry or perfume.
No make-up or nail polish.
Hair (boys) must be trimmed above the collar and out of eyes, no unusual styles.
Solid white hijab (head scarf) and school jilbab must be worn by all female students from grades four through twelve.
Cell phones and Electronic Devices: Students are not permitted to carry cell phones on school premises. Students found to be in possession of a cell phone or electronic device will be suspended. Cell phones and devices are a distraction from learning and a privacy concern. If you need to contact your son or daughter during the school day, please call the school office.
School Hours: All students are to report to the school gymnasium no later than 8:10am daily. Students will be marked late at 8:11am. Monday through Thursday, the school day ends at 2:50pm and students must be picked up no later than 3:10pm. On Fridays, the school day ends at 2pm and students must be picked up no later than 2:15pm.
No Student to Be Left Unattended: No students are permitted to remain in the school building or on school premises once the school day is over. Exceptions will only be made for students who are officially enrolled in a program that takes place in the building. These programs will provide a list of enrolled students to the School Office.
Attendance and Lateness: School Policy requires that students attend school every day and are only absent or late when exceptional circumstances occur. Repeated Latenesses and/or Absences are a violation of school policy and have a negative impact on your child’s learning and growth. In addition, repeated Lateness has a major impact on your child’s attendance record: three latenesses result in one absence added to your child’s attendance record. By law, it is incumbent on the school to contact CPS (Child Protective Services) when your child has been absent twenty-five (25) days or more during the school year.
Main Office – Ph: 914-9 64-5600, ext. 115 , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal – Ph: 914-964-5600 ext. 112 , Email: email@example.com